River Hills Community Church
Church Description: Interdenominational, intergenerational Community Church
with worship in both traditional and contemporary styles
Church Size: 300 average weekly attendance
Church Location: 104 Hamiltons Ferry Road
Lake Wylie, SC 29710
(a bedroom community of Charlotte, NC)
Job Type: Full-Time Exempt
Report to: Senior Pastor and Executive Minister
Summary of Position:
The Pastor of Family Ministries is the advocate for the generations of the church and will oversee the structures and culture of the church to ensure that the family of God is working together to make disciples of the next generation. The Pastor of Family Ministries is first an advocate for children, youth and early adults because they are least knowledgeable and experienced in the Christian life. Next, the Pastor of Family Ministries is an advocate for parents, because they are in the greatest position of influence to the young.
Areas of responsibility
The Pastor of Family Ministries will oversee the discipleship systems from cradle to college as well as ministry to and with parents. The Pastor will work closely with adult discipleship leaders to ensure that parents are prepared to lead their children and that young people have spiritual mentors within the church family.
Children and Student Ministries
- Oversee relational, engaging ministries to children and youth.
- Ensure that the curriculum used at each level of spiritual development connects to the next.
- Ensure that ministry leaders connect regularly with parents to establish a clear partnership in the discipleship of their children.
Equipping and Encouraging Parents
- Guide ministry leaders in selecting or developing a curriculum that is cohesive from birth to adulthood and that is helps parents to complement the church learning with home learning.
- Develop and implement a plan for on-going parent training and encouragement.
- Oversee training and biblical studies that equip parents for their spiritual role and responsibilities.
- Consult and mentor parents privately on specific issues within their family as needed.
- Encourage intergenerational gatherings to build relationships and help all generations recognize how God is working in the whole family of God (particular focus on 5th Sundays)
- Work with the Senior Pastor and other ministry teams to ensure that there are opportunities for all generations to worship, learn and serve together.
- Attend weekly Staff Meetings
- Build relationships with parents
- Lead Children’s and Student Volunteer Teams
- Coordinate with Adult Discipleship Team and Senior Adult Team (Young at Heart)
- Identify and inspire servant leaders and volunteers
- Assess the ongoing effectiveness of ministry areas including programming, staff, and volunteers; lead adjustments and changes as needed
- Responsible for the development and management of budgets and calendars for ministry areas
- Communicate regularly with parents and students through multiple sources
- Preach on occasion at request of Senior Pastor; occasional assistance in baptisms, weddings and funerals, as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field minimum, advanced degree preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience preferred
- Previous supervisory and or management experience preferred
- Experience and comfort in public speaking/preaching
- Skilled in planning, time management, organize and mentoring
- Experience in recruiting, inspiring, and equipping volunteers as teachers, mentors, small group leaders
Deadline for resumes is April 1st 2019
Send Inquiries and Resumes to Jobs@rhcconline.org