Doctor of Ministry
The DMIN degree is the highest professional degree in the practice of ministry. Completion in a minimum of three years / maximum of seven.
- A completed application form and a non-refundable application fee $50.00.
Applicants must have engaged in 3 years of full time ministry beyond their theological degree.
- The letters of references from a judicatory official, denominational colleague, professor and/or employer.
- A statement of purpose: 5 page introspective paper detailing your spiritual and Ministerial Journey, (from call to present). Include how your doctorate will impact ministry now and in the future. .
Masters Degree Programs
Master of Divinity
The M.DIV. program provides a well-rounded preparation for ministry through solid foundation of knowledge essential to ministry. Completion in a minimum of three years and a maximum of seven years.
Master of Theological Studies
A basic, flexible, individualized program of study that provides specialized theological education. Completion in a minimum of three years and a maximum of seven years.
Areas of Concentration
- Biblical Studies
- History & Theology
United Methodist Church Deacon Studies
The Deacon Studies program is approved by The University Senate and provides all required courses for commission to UMC Diaconate.
- A completed application form and a non-refundable application fee of $30.00.
- A bachelor's degree or its equivalent, from an accredited college or university, with a minimum grade point average C+ (2.33).
- An official transcript(s) submitted directly to the Office of Admissions from college or university attended.
- Three letters of references judicatory official, minister, professor and/or employer.
- A statement of purpose: 3 to 5 page reflection paper detailing your faith journey, Religious experience and how your educational training at Hood Theological Seminary will impact ministry now and in the future.