I would like to send greetings to all the students, faculty, alumni and friends as the newly elected President of the Student Government Association for Hood Theological Seminary. The SGA Advisor, committee and I have met and we look forward to an exciting 2018 – 2019 year. The SGA Officers and committee would like to Thank you all for your encouragement and support and we all look forward to a prosperous year of Kingdom building, the betterment of Hood Theological Seminary and our communities as a whole. We (SGA) welcome suggestions, comments and questions from the student body that will be beneficial for our Hood community. Our motto is Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”, so we are anticipating a blessing. This site will be updated periodically so stay tuned for upcoming announcements. I have listed some upcoming events below so let us work together in unity and love.
Peace & Blessings to you all,
Yolanda Alston-Foster, SGA President 2018 – 2019
firstname.lastname@example.org (C) 980-866-3550
PROPOSAL FOR SGA EVENTS FOR 2018 – 2019:
SGA Advisor- Dr. Dora Mbuwayesango, email@example.com.
SGA President- Yolanda Alston-Foster, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vice President- April Hall, email@example.com.
Secretary- Angelica Sweat, Angellicasweat@gmail.com.
Treasurer- Eleanor Wilson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alabama Representative - Valtoria Jackson, email@example.com.
SGA Committee and Member’s at Large: Sandra Carter and Tonya Jackson
Tyquan Alston, Tony Brantley, Elliot Crowder, and Mary Sturdivant.
- All the SGA Officers will be present on Saturday, August 11, 2018 for the new student orientation. The SGA will re do/ update the neighborhood and prayer room for all to enjoy. The SGA will have Hood merchandise for sale on site/ campus and also the website for online purchases is http://hoodseminary.qbstores.com. If you have used text or religious books that you would like to donate for the "Book Giveaway", please give those items to any SGA Officer, committee member or representative. We would like to be able to assist students in need by providing these books to them. (Pay it Forward!).
Hood Theological Seminary Pride weeks will be observed:
August 28th - September 1st, 2018- Fall Semester;
January 29th – February 2, 2019- Spring Semester
During “Pride Week(s)” we will have a “Back to School Book Giveaway” in the neighborhood in which students and faculty provide used text or religious books to give to others in need. If you have any used text or religious books that you would like to donate, Please give them to any SGA representative. “Pride Week(s)” consists of wearing your Hood gear proudly and showing excitement for Hood Theological Seminary. (http://hoodseminary.qbstores.com)
- The SGA will have the “Green Campaign” to focus on Recycling and Conservation education at Hood Theological Seminary. April Hall, SGA Vice President will be the lead contact with this project. April will coordinate with faculty and students regarding this project. Recycling and Conservation are essential for the environment and our communities. Contact April Hall if you would like to participate in the "Green Campaign" for recycling and conservation, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The SGA will distribute “Final Exam Care Packages” on the following dates: Fall Semester- Wednesday, December 5, 2018 (Yolanda and April) & Saturday, December 8, 2018 (Eleanor & Angelica); Spring Semester- Wednesday, May 8, 2019 (Yolanda & April) & Saturday, May 11, 2019 (Eleanor & Angelica).
- Announcing the Hood Theological Seminary, "King" and "Queen" Contest: Hood Theological Seminary will have a "King" and "Queen" contest and the winners will be celebrated during a Campus wide luncheon. The Contest will begin on October 1, 2018 and end and on October 31, 2018. The luncheon will of course be after the contest in November, 2018 (time and date TBA) to publicly announce and celebrate the "King" and "Queen" and also, fellowship with each other. Please contact, Yolanda Alston-Foster, email@example.com, if you would like to participate in the "King" and "Queen" contest. I can email the participants a sign up sheet in which you will be able to compile the names & amounts of the those whom provided donations to you. This is an excellent opportunity to celebrate and fellowship with each other and also, support Hood Theological Seminary. Please pass the word about this event and all the events so that everyone can be aware and participate. Contact me, firstname.lastname@example.org, as soon as possible if you would like to participate. Thank you in Advance.
- “Mind, Body and Soul Sessions” consists of ministry for the holistic person (Kingdom fitness, Money Management, Strategic Collaborations to promote diversity). Angelica Sweat is the lead SGA Officer for this endeavor. Angelica will work with the faculty to implement this particular endeavor. This will also include posted testimonials from Hood students and alumni promoting mental, spiritual and emotional health. More details are forthcoming. Angellicasweat@gmail.com.
- Thursday, August 23, 2018, College Night Out: Come out and join the fun, food and fellowship on Thursday, August 23, 2018 from 6 - 9pm. Events Coordinator is, Katelin Rice, Downtown Salisbury. Catawba College, Rowan Community College, Livingstone College and Hood Theological Seminary will be represented along with others. Come out and wear your Hood gear with Hood pride! This is a Great opportunity to connect and network with other institutions and the community.
- Community Garden: Angelica Sweat will be the lead and will collaborate with faculty and students with this endeavor. Contact Angelica Sweat, SGA Secretary if you would like to participate in the community garden. Angellicasweat@gmail.com.
KEEP YOUR EYES AND EARS OPEN FOR FUTURE AND UPCOMING EVENTS…….We cannot do this without you all....You are Appreciated! Contact any SGA Officer or representative, if you have any questions, suggestions or comments and if you want to participate and support any of the programs, We need and welcome your assistance! Thank you in Advance.
Peace & Blessings,
Rev. Yolanda Alston-Foster, SGA President 2018 - 2019