I would like to send greetings to all the students, faculty, alumni and friends as the newly elected President of the Student Government Association for Hood Theological Seminary. The SGA Advisor, committee and I have met and we look forward to an exciting 2018 – 2019 year. The SGA Officers and committee would like to Thank you all for your encouragement and support and we all look forward to a prosperous year of Kingdom building, the betterment of Hood Theological Seminary and our communities as a whole. We (SGA) welcome suggestions, comments and questions from the student body that will be beneficial for our Hood community. Our motto is Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me”, so we are anticipating a blessing. This site will be updated periodically so stay tuned for upcoming announcements. I have listed some upcoming events below so let us work together in unity and love.
Peace & Blessings to you all,
Yolanda Alston-Foster, SGA President 2018 – 2019
PROPOSAL FOR SGA EVENTS FOR 2018 – 2019:
SGA Advisor- Dr. Dora Mbuwayesango
SGA President- Yolanda Alston-Foster
Vice President- April Hall
Secretary- Angelica Sweat
Treasurer- Eleanor Wilson
Alabama Representative - Valtoria Jackson
SGA Committee and Member’s at Large: Sandra Carter and Tonya Jackson
- All the SGA Officers will be present on Saturday, August 11, 2018 for the new student orientation. The SGA will re do/ update the neighborhood and prayer room for all to enjoy. The SGA will have Hood merchandise for sale on site/ campus and also the website for online purchases is http://hoodseminary.qbstores.com.
Hood Theological Seminary Pride weeks will be observed:
August 28th - September 1st, 2018- Fall Semester
January 29th – February 2, 2019- Spring Semester
- During “Pride Week(s)” we will have a “Back to School Book Giveaway” in the neighborhood in which students and faculty provide used text books to give to others in need. If you have any used text books that you would like to donate, Please give them to any SGA representative.
- “Pride Week(s)” consists of wearing your Hood gear proudly and showing excitement for Hood Theological Seminary. (http://hoodseminary.qbstores.com)
- The SGA will have the “Green Campaign” to focus on Recycling and Conservation education at Hood Theological Seminary. April Hall, SGA Vice President will be the lead contact with this project. April will coordinate with faculty and students regarding this project. Recycling and Conservation are essential for the environment and our communities. Contact April Hall if you would like to participate in the "Green Campaign" for recycling and conservation.
- The SGA will distribute “Final Exam Care Packages” on the following dates: Fall Semester- Wednesday, December 5, 2018 (Yolanda and April) & Saturday, December 8, 2018 (Eleanor & Angelica); Spring Semester- Wednesday, May 8, 2019 (Yolanda & April) & Saturday, May 11, 2019 (Eleanor & Angelica).
- The Hood Theological Seminary SGA will collaborate with Livingstone College Homecoming parade committee regarding the Hood Theological Seminary King and Queen float. Hood Theological Seminary sponsored a float in the Livingstone Homecoming parade last year and it was an exciting time for all so the SGA will hold the King and Queen competitions again this year, October, 2018. Stay Tuned for additional details. Yolanda Alston-Foster, SGA President is the lead contact for this endeavor. Anyone that would like to assist with this endeavor, Please contact Yolanda Alston-Foster @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Mind, Body and Soul Sessions” consists of ministry for the holistic person (Kingdom fitness, Money Management, Strategic Collaborations to promote diversity). Angelica Sweat is the lead SGA Officer for this endeavor. Angelica will work with the faculty to implement this particular endeavor. This will also include posted testimonials from Hood students and alumni promoting mental, spiritual and emotional health. More details are forthcoming.
- College Night: Hotdogs, Chips and drinks. This will be the first week of class and additional details will be provided. Stay Tuned!
- Community Garden: Angelica Sweat will be the lead and will collaborate with faculty and students with this endeavor. Contact Angelica Sweat, SGA Secretary if you would like to participate in the community garden.
KEEP YOUR EYES AND EARS OPEN FOR FUTURE AND UPCOMING EVENTS…….We can not do this without you all....You are Appreciated!